The student news site of Perry Hall High School

REVIEW: Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder

Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder in Supernova. Photo by Courtney Langmead

Courtney Langmead, Opinion Editor

Every social media website you go on is bound to have something related to makeup on it, whether it’s how well that one girl from YouTube can do eyeliner, or how that boy can do amazing eye shadow. What everyone is crazy about are highlighters, which mimic the sun’s light on the high points of your face to give your skin a nice glow. Every girl is always searching for a good highlighter that doesn’t look like straight sparkles. Here is the best highlighter I’ve found after months of searching for the perfect one.

This is the Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder, in the shade Supernova. It has a “light opalescent pink and lavender duo-chrome effect.” What a mouthful. Although it’s more on the unnatural side, this can still be an everyday wearable highlighter. You can put a tiny bit on the high points of your cheeks for a subtle glow, or you can pack it on and put it on your body for a music festival.

It comes in 11 different shades, and will set you back $26.99 plus shipping and tax. These highlighters aren’t chunky sparkles, which is a huge plus if you want it to look more natural on the skin. They’re all natural and finely milled, so they glide on your face super smoothly. All of these shades are amazing for all skin tones, and are in a variety of colors to perfectly suit your personality and how you want your highlight to be. They stay on all day, rather than some highlighters which tend to rub and slide off within the hours of the day.

On their website, it says you can use it on your face to highlight (cheeks, nose, cupids bow), on your eyes, lips, and body. It comes in a small cute container with their logo on the top. The formula is super silky and super soft, and is super blend-able, so it’s easy to make your highlight as subtle or as extreme as your heart desires. This product gets a 5 out of 5 stars and I would totally recommend to anyone looking for a new way to spice up their makeup.