The student news site of Perry Hall High School

Review: Zoe’s Kitchen

Lindsey Burr

Zoe's Kitchen is a new addition of the White Marsh shopping center. They have been open in other locations like Towson and Annapolis. Photo by Lindsey Burr.

Lindsey Burr, Staff Writer

If you have driven by the shopping center in White Marsh where Target and Panera are, you’ve probably noticed the new shopping center developing on the other side of the road. Many new stores and restaurants are being built, like DSW, and a new restaurant called Zoe’s Kitchen.

Zoe’s Kitchen is a chain restaurant that started in Plano, Texas. It focuses mainly on Mediterranean-inspired food. They have chicken and steak dishes, pastas, and salad.

Walking into the restaurant, the tables were nicely spread out with a variety of low and high tables. There was a small line of people ahead waiting to place their order. Many people didn’t know what to get because it was their first time there, but they had heard so many good things about it.

After ordering and sitting down, it took less than 10 minutes for the food to come out. The chicken roll-ups came out very hot, like they were just taken off the grill. In the roll-ups was feta cheese, tomatoes, caramelized onions, a fresh side of your choice, and dipping sauce. Everything tasted so well mixed together and it was finished in about 5 minutes.

Along with the chicken roll-ups came the steak kabobs. This came with two kabobs, grilled pepper and onions, tomatoes, rice pilaf, and a side of salad and bread. The steak was cooked just right and the Greek salad tasted very fresh. It also came with a slice of bread. All of it was eaten so quickly and we went back for more.

This little new restaurant is the perfect place to go for a quick, yummy dinner during the week. Zoe’s Kitchen definetly gets 5 out of 5 stars.