The student news site of Perry Hall High School

OPINION: Top 5 Eyeshadow Palettes

Aysia Phillips, Staff Writer

For all the girls out there who can’t walk in Sephora without coming out with an arm full of swatches, or struggle to decide between two palettes in Ulta: we have all been there , so I decided to make palette deciding much easier by providing cool tips on how to know if the palette is worth its money. I picked out a few newly produced palletes in Sephora and Ulta that I thought were good everyday palettes and just good palettes in general.

1. Shade and Light by Kat Von D in the color plum.
  2. The Power Of  Make Up by Nikkie Tutorials .
  3. Lorac unzipped by the Lorac collection  .
  4. Naked 3 by urban decay.
  5. Kyshawdow by Kylie Jenner.

1. Shade and Light ; plum 
    This palette was my second favorite out of the five I picked. The consistency of the palette was very powdery which was one of the biggest turn offs. The pigment was definitely there and I recommend this palette for beginners because it shows where you place the eyeshadow. This palette also comes in three different colors. Overall this palette was a 7/10.

2. Naked 3                                                                                                                                                                 The Naked palette is known world wide. Who doesn’t love a good neutral palette? In this palette the colors were not as pigmented as I thought they would be. This was my 3rd favorite palette I purchased . This palette is good for beginners also because the pigmentation is not as pigmented as the other palettes but the one thing I didn’t like about this palette was the amount of product that would come off after using with a brush. Overall the palette was a 6/10.

3. The Power Of Make up by Nikkie Tutorials                                                                                                    The Power Of Makeup palette was one of my favorite out of these five palettes for sure! It’s a variety of colors and has blush, contour, and even an amazing highlight. This palette also comes with an eyeliner, glitter, a purple mascara and even a lookbook for different eye looks you could do and provides step by step directions to create the identical look. Nikkie’s palette has good pigmentation, neutrals and even a few glitter shadows which surprisingly had good pigment. One thing I wish this palette had was a mirror. This palette could be used for everyday looks and anyone can use it from beginners to professional use. Overall this palette gets a 7.5/10.

4. KyShawdows by Kylie Jenner                                                                                                                              The palette everyone’s been raging about lately but to be honest there’s not to much to rage about . The palette has amazing colors; the pigment is there but I just don’t think it’s worth $45. The shadows when swatched with a finger or brush had an excessive amount of dust off. Kylie Jenner did a good job formula-wise with her shadows for her first time. I just wish her shimmers were more pigmented and maybe if the palette had a mirror it would be ten times better. Overall I give this palette a 6/10.

5.   Lorac Unzipped Pallete by The Lorac Collection                                                                                           This palette was my ABSOLUTE favorite. The Lorac palette hit home for me, but the only thing missing was a mirror. The pigmentation is amazing and it’s all neutrals and just overall amazing! I love the consistency of the shadows; they’re like a creamy wonderland. The formula is just on point and everything you would want in a palette. I just really wished this palette had a mirror. Overall I give this palette a 9/10.