The student news site of Perry Hall High School

The Hallmark

Preparations underway for Homecoming Pep Rally, Parade and Tailgate

Namish Siddiqui

Namish Siddiqui

Namish Siddiqui, Staff Writer

Homecoming is approaching soon and students are buzzing with excitement as they anticipate the much awaited pep rally, parade, and tailgate. Student council is busy with the preparations as they sell tickets, make posters, set up decorations and organize performers for the pep rally.

Pep Rally

The first of the festivities starts with the pep rally during school which will be held on Friday, Oct. 7 during fourth period in the football stadium behind the school. The marching band will perform first, followed by the varsity cheerleaders along with several fun competitions including classics like egg on a spoon and tug of war. That will fade into more performers like the girls’ dance team, step squad, and the break dancing team.

“We are really focusing on more of the sports and the students in the pep rally,” said Dania Stuart, senior.

Parade

The next thing on the list is the parade that is being held on Ebenezer Road. A number of clubs will be on their floats, which they made, throwing candy to little kids and adults. The clubs have been working hard for a few weeks to make sure that the parade is successful and fun. All the class senates get floats to decorate with the senior class having the most floats. The parade will start at 5 and end around 6, right before tailgate.

Tailgate

After the parade ends, students, friends and family start making their way to the senior parking lot to enjoy the free food at the tailgate.

The student council has arranged for food from Bill’s Seafood, Chick-Fil-A, Buffalo Wild Wings, and with other restaurants who are donating to Perry Hall. It is a community event where everyone comes together to make homecoming more memorable as they await the football game’s kick-off at 7 p.m.