The student news site of Perry Hall High School

Gators varsity girls softball defeats Towson

Muhammad Waheeed

Muhammad Waheed, Staff Writer

The Perry Hall Gators varsity girls softball team won a home game against the Towson Generals with a final score of 10-4 on Wednesday, April 20.

Perry Hall won the game with some successes and challenges along the way.

“Played a very good team from Towson today. We sort of went flat after we scored the first six runs and we looked like we thought we had enough runs to win and we allowed them to comeback. They scored three runs in the fifth and one in the sixth and we had a big inning in the bottom of the sixth. Caroline Frank had a nice two out base hit and then Olivia Gallimore had that long homerun to right centerfield,” said Brian Radcliffe, head coach of the Gators varsity girls softball team.

Towson’s struggles led to early success for Perry Hall.

“We took advantage of some errors and some walks that Towson gave us. I don’t think we hit the ball as well as we have in the past, but we took advantage of their mistakes and scored six runs,” said Radcliffe.

Towson was able to make the contest close late in the game as one Gator player was getting back into playing form.

“Well I think a couple things happen. One, Ally Kordon, my pitcher got hurt last Friday in the Lansdowne game. She was unable to pitch Monday so she has been off since Friday so this is her first outing since then and I think she wasn’t as sharp as she normally is. Not sure if she was a little tired or what the case might be,” said Radcliffe.

Satisfaction was felt by Perry Hall near the end of the game when the Gators captured a 10-4 lead.

“It took the pressure off of us. I didn’t think they could score six runs in one inning so I felt much better,” said Radcliffe.