The student news site of Perry Hall High School

The Hallmark

Varsity girls softball beats Catonsville

Muhammad Waheed, Staff Writer

The Perry Hall Gators won a home varsity girls softball game against the Catonsville Comets with a final score of 6-3 on Monday, April 11.

The Gators held a 6-0 lead, but the Comets would score before the end of the game.

“Catonsville is a very good ball team. They continued to pressure us even to the end where they scored all their runs in the last inning. I guess they scored two runs in the last inning and they had another run on third base. It was a very good win for us,” said Brain Radcliffe, head coach of the Gators varsity girls softball team.

Radcliffe was pleased with his team’s defensive performance and one sophomore player.

“Very proud of our defense, especially our infield defense today. [Sophomore] Brooklyn Jones had a excellent game,” said Radcliffe.

The Gators have now won four games in a row.

“Well we’re just taking one game at a time and we’re grinding the wins out by just playing within ourselves. Our infield defense played excellent today,” said Radcliffe.

Perry Hall had communication and collisions challenges against Sparrows Point, but seemed to have resolved the issue.

“You saw several balls that were hit between players and they communicated well and they avoided collisions which they didn’t do the other day,” said Radcliffe.

Perry Hall will travel to Franklin High School for their next game.