The student news site of Perry Hall High School

Perry Hall Gives this Holiday Season

Shireen Younus, Editor in Chief

Student organizations at Perry Hall High are hosting multiple charity drives in the month of December. The annual holiday events continue this year with some new twists and new traditions.

Though Student Council has been leading the annual Canned Food Drive in the past weeks, it’s now winding down – just in time for National Honor Society’s annual link sale.

This year, the stated goal for link sale is $10,000 – much higher than it has been in the past. Though some things will remain the same, including the 50 cent price for a link and the fact that all funds will be donated to Johns Hopkins, multiple changes are being implemented to reach this goal.

First, students can expect to see links sold daily, in both A-Day and B-Day homerooms.  The competitive aspect of link sale has also shifted. Instead of being a homeroom based competition, the competition is now among grade levels. At the conclusion of link sale, the grade who donated the most money will be revealed. Then, four links will be picked from that grade, and those four students will each be awarded a $20 VISA gift card.

There are also new traditions beginning at Perry Hall High. This year, the English Honor Society is planning a holiday book drive during December. Volunteers have placed wrapped boxes in every English classroom for students to place books in. All collected books will be donated to the Maryland Book Bank.

Holiday traditions old and new are always a staple at Perry Hall, and as the school grows, students looking to contribute have more options than ever.